Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Dover Days Parade




Wow! I just had to blog about this, the the Dover Days Festival. A day dedicated to honoring the 80th Anniversary of the Dover Days Festival while remembering the earlier years of Delaware and how we became the first Colonial state to ratify the Constitution, making this glorious state, the "First State" in the USA; and what better place to celebrate it than the capital of Delaware? DOVER! This wonderful EXTRAVAGANZA is one of the largest celebrations in the county, starting in 1933 and counting. On this day, people dress up in colonial attire and dance around the maypole, cook colonial foods, and
 exhibit craftsmanship from the early 1930's.

This was a wonderful appearance. I must say, one of my all time favorites! I love parades! The streamers, the floats, the surprises, THE FOOD! Its just a wonderful scene. I was very happy to be accompanied by my pageant sister and great friend, Amanda Debus, Miss Wilmington '13. We had such a great time together and I must say, I didn't want it to end. It  was so cool to get a taste of what Delaware was like before I was even thought of... (Haha!) I just want to relive that moment ALL OVER AGAIN!

No comments: