Sunday, September 23, 2012

Children`s Miracle Network



        Today I am performing in the Children`s Miracle Network Fundraiser Cabaret! I am so excited to be apart of this! I not only support the CMN because it is the Miss America`s Official Platform, but I support it because it is very close to my heart 

Amelia at 16. 

        My gorgeous cousin, Amelia, from Alabama, was diagnosed with a type of cancer that took an ovary when she was only 6 years old. The Children`s Miracle Network helped her family throughout the entire process.  

       But this year, Amelia was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia). Most likely it was caused by Etoposide(a chemo used to treat her previous cancer). Even though she is going through such a hard time right now, She always has a smile on her face!! And even though I can't be with her right now, I pray for her everyday. 

     

 And recently, Gov. Bentley signed a proclamation making September childhood cancer awareness month in Alabama!!!
         

Amelia and I at a Family Reunion in 2009! 


THANK YOU CMN, FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR FAMILIES, JUST LIKE MINE!

    

No comments: