Saturday, January 26, 2013

The News Journal

    As most of you know, or should know (haha), my platform is Adoption-A Loving Option. Why? Because my birthmother chose LIFE, and then chose a family for me who could take care of me in ways that she could not. 

    I was recently asked to do an interview with The News Journal, on some Pro-Life issues. And here is the outcome!!


     

       After the paper was sent out on Sunday, I took this picture and then posted it on my Facebook. Throughout your life, you`ll always find people who don't agree with you. And that is perfectly fine because everyone is entitled to their own opinion! 
      Now, after saying that, it is a different situation when you bully people because of their beliefs. I was sent a couple nasty emails after posting this on Facebook, and I think it was because people don't really understand what goes into an adoption process. So I `ve decided to explain, just to clear some things up ;)


*My birthmother and I are Facebook friends to keep in touch. My adoption is called an Open Adoption. There is another type of adoption called a Closed Adoption. With a Closed Adoption, there is no communication with the biological family. But I'm so thankful that I have had the opportunity to  meet my birthmother, and talk to her frequently. 

*The reason why she put me up for adoption, is because she knew she could not give me what I needed. She also said to my parents, "I want her to have a mom AND a dad." This does NOT mean that she didn't love me. She loves me with all of her heart.



   

No comments: